How to setup nvidia optimized ethminer version 0.11.0 on windows 10.
ethminer is open source and doesn't have fee unlike claymore miner.
- Windows 10
- Internet connection
- mining pool of your choice and your ethereum wallet address
- Download ethminer
- Unzip folder
- Make new txt file inside folder where ethminer.exe is located
- Write your own start bat file.
- run bat file
- Direct link:https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/releases/download/v0.11.0/ethminer-0.11.0-Windows.zip
- Github link(you need to download (ethminer-0.11.0-Windows.zip):https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/releases
3.Make new txt file inside folder where ethminer.exe is located (note that you don't need to run exe).
4.Open txt file you created, copy and paste this template:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -U -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O <YourEthereumAddress>.<WorkerNameCanBeAny>
--farm-recheck - is ms between checks for changed work
- -U cuda mining (nvidia technology link with list of supported gpus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA)
- -G for opencl if you card doesn’t support cuda
- you need to chose only one either -U or -G
-S - stratum port of your mining pool
-FS - failover stratum mining pool in case first fails(optional)
-O - userpass YourEthereumWalletAdress.workername
To get full list of commands open command line in folder with ethminer.exe and write ethminer –help
after changes save txt file and rename from anyname.txt to anyname.bat
(obviously name of text document can be whatever you want. matters only part after dot (aka filename extension))
5.after that launch bat file and miner will start mining ethereum to your mining pool.
If you want to add miner to startup here is article how to do it: